What are Local Council Approvals?

Depending on the area one is intending to build, it is important to find out from the local municipal county if there are any statutory approvals that must be granted before construction begins

In most urban and peri-urban areas, you must secure construction approval from the county offices in order to build. To get construction approval, a registered architect and a registered professional structural engineer must submit their proposed drawings (and calculations) to the council planning board. The board then reviews the information provided and may either respond by giving comments, (which the architect and engineer must attend to), or grant approval by issuing a construction permit to the developer. In some areas, this process is done online. 

MyBoma recommends that you visit your local county offices to find out more about what is required in your area.